9th March - Sunday lunch and walk at Haigh Hall

After breakfast this morning, we checked out of the hotel and I drove to Haigh Hall. I was quite pleased that I managed to get there without taking any wrong turnings and surprised at how much I remembered from last night's journey. When we arrived we met Keith in the carpark and walked over to the hall together. There were about twenty people waiting outside ready for the walk. We waited a little longer for the latecoers and then set off for a walk aroun the grounds of the hall. The weather was surprisingly good. On the way I managed to find the opportunity to talk to quite a few people all of whom agreed that the ball had been a great success. We then went for a well-deserved drink in the cafe before returning to the Hall for the carvery lunch.
We discovered that this time ,much to Brian's dismay we weren't first to be served. Whilst I was waiting I took the opportunity to get to know the two 'strangers' on our table, Judy and Dawn who were from Huntingdon and Cheltenham. This was their first 25+ event and they were both pleased they had made the effort to travel up north. The meal turned out to be well worth the wait. There was chicken, turkey and beef available and a wide selection of vegetables too. For dessert I had sticky toffee pudding which was surprisingly light. After the meal I found time to talk to Peter, Chris and Keith before setting off on our way back to Manchester. The journey home up the A6 was fairly straightforward and before long we were back in Salford.
I was quite pleased with myself for getting through today's journeys with no mishaps.
It was also good that the forecast for rain was wrong.
In all it was a great weekend and a great boost to my confidence in my driving.

No comments: