2nd February - Pancake party at Kay's

Kay said she wasn't surprised that we were the first to turn up tonight. Despite the fact that she had changed the start time to 7pm most people didn't turn up until after 7.30pm. Once a few people had arrived Geoff started cooking pancakes. As usual, Sandeep and I were the only ones who brought savoury filllings - he brought spicy potatoes and I brought cheese. It was good to see a few people I haven't seen for a while tonight. Rachel and Grace came all the way from Macclesfield and I saw Nigel for the first time this year.
I had another chat with Tim about Greenbelt - he is still interested. We mentioned the festival to Chris and he seems interested too. Chris has also kindly said that Brian and I can stay at his place on the Monday before we go to Florence. That means we won't need to get up quite as early as we were planning to.
Unusually we were one of the last to leave tonight. By 10.30 everyone had gone apart from Tim, Chris, John, Brian and me. Brian ordered a taxi well in advance tonight. I managed to drive home in 20 minutes which is really good. In all it was a pretty good evening even if it was quieter than usual.

No comments: